The District Executive Committee plays a vital role in the running of the District. They make decisions and carry out administrative tasks to ensure that the best quality Scouting can be delivered to young people in Potteries North.
Members of the Executive Committee must act collectively as charity trustees of the Scout District, and in it’s best interests to
- Comply with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
- Manage the District finances and insurance.
- Promote and support the development and positive image of Scouting in the local area.
- Appoint and manage any sub committees such as Awards, Event, Heath & Safety or Appointments Advisory Committee
- Ensure that Young People are meaningfully involved in decision making at all levels within the District
- Supervising the administration, opening and closing of Groups and Explorer units.
- Present the Annual Report and Annual Accounts at the Annual General Meeting
The District Executive is made up of four types of members:
- Ex-officio members have a role on the Committee due to their role in Scouting. These include:
- District Chairman;
- District Commissioner;
- District Youth Commissioner;
- District Secretary;
- District Treasurer;
- District Explorer Scout Commissioners
- Elected members stand for election at the Annual General Meeting
- Nominated members are nominated by the District Commissioner in partnership with the District Chair
- Co-opted members are chosen due to specific skills or knowledge useful to the committee
The current members of the District Executive Committee (as at the May 2019 AGM) are:
You can click on a name to start an email
|Michele Lawrence||District Chair|
|Judith Hunter||District Secretary|
|Liz Mapperson||District Secretary (supporting)|
|Rob Poole||District Treasurer|
|Dale Harrison||District Commissioner|
|Don Longhurst||Deputy District Commissioner|
|Colin Greatbatch||Deputy District Commissioner|
|Barry Walker||Deputy District Commissioner|
|Imogen Boote||District Youth Commissioner|
|Sara Walklet||District Explorer Scout Commissioner|
|Shay Norman||Co-opted (non-voting)|