The District Trustees play a vital role in the running of the District in comply with relevant policies and legislation. The District trustee board make sure we:
- Comply with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
- Manage the District finances, risk, assets and insurance.
- Promote and support the development and positive image of Scouting in the local area.
- Appoint and manage any sub committees such as Awards, Event, Heath & Safety or Appointments Advisory Committee
- Ensure that Young People are meaningfully involved in decision making at all levels within the District
- Supervising the administration, opening and closing of Groups and Explorer units.
- Present the Annual Report and Annual Accounts at the Annual General Meeting
The District Trustee Board is made up of three types of members:
- Ex-officio members (1 for each role below)
- District Chair;
- District Commissioner;
- District Youth Commissioner;
- District Secretary;
- District Treasurer;
- District Explorer Scout Commissioner;
- District Network Commissioner;
- Appointed members are approved at the AGM (usually 4)
- Occasionally there may be co-opted members who are chosen for a specific time period, due to specific skills
Please reach out on [email protected] if you need to contact the trustees