The District Executive Committee plays a vital role in the running of the District as Charity Trustees to:
- Comply with the Policy, Organisation and Rules of The Scout Association.
- Manage the District finances and insurance.
- Promote and support the development and positive image of Scouting in the local area.
- Appoint and manage any sub committees such as Awards, Event, Heath & Safety or Appointments Advisory Committee
- Ensure that Young People are meaningfully involved in decision making at all levels within the District
- Supervising the administration, opening and closing of Groups and Explorer units.
- Present the Annual Report and Annual Accounts at the Annual General Meeting
The District Executive is made up of four types of members:
- Ex-officio members
- District Chair;
- District Commissioner;
- District Youth Commissioner;
- District Secretary;
- District Treasurer;
- District Explorer Scout Commissioner;
- District Network Commissioner;
- Elected members stand for election at AGM
- Nominated members are nominated by the DC
- Co-opted members are chosen due to specific skills
The current members of the District Executive Committee (as at the June 2020 AGM) are:
You can click on a name to start an email
|Michele Lawrence||Exofficio – Chair|
|Liz Mapperson||Exofficio – Secretary|
|Rob Poole||Exofficio – Treasurer|
|Dale Harrison||Exofficio – DC|
|Imogen Boote||Exofficio – DYC|
|Sara Walklet||Exofficio – DESC|
|John Ratcliffe||Exofficio – DSNC|