Here in Potteries North we have a busy Scout Active Support unit.
Scout Active Support allows people to give their time to Scouting on a flexible basis. People can still be involved in Scouting without the full-time commitment of being a leader.
Our SASU acts as an invaluable resource for the District Programme Team, who can call on their skills and experience at our events, camps, ceremonies and competitions just to name a few.
Scout Active Support is for anyone over the age of 18 years. It is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
There is no requirement to have been involved in Scouting before joining. All that is required is a willingness to volunteer some time to support Scouting.
- Acted as a source of extra adult help in Leader absence. Or they can teach skills that the existing Leader team do not have, such as pioneering.
- Provided support to Explorer Scouts or the Scout Network when planning international expeditions and the fundraising activities alongside these.
- Supervised and planned activity bases on various district and county camps
- Organised the hospitality and catering for several of our large scale district events, parades, shows and ceremonies
- Any other task they are asked to fulfill!
To get involved with our SASU or find out more, please send a message to [email protected]